In 2007, there were more than six (6) million motor vehicle and motorcycle crashes, reported to the police in the United States.
About 30% of accidents (more than 1.7 million) resulted in injuries, according to the National Administration Road Safety (NHTSA).
In 2009, there were 30,797 fatal traffic accidents and other auto accidents, and 34,172 in 2008, according to the NHTSA.
In 2007, 32% of collisions that resulted in fatalities involved drunk drivers.
In 2007, half of the fatal accidents occurred on highways, with speed limits of 55 mph or more.
Clearly there is connection between faster speeds and deaths.
There are many reasons why motor vehicle accidents occur in Bakersfield.
Drunk drivers, hit-and-run accidents, accidents involving uninsured drivers or with inadequate policies, and overturned car accidents.
A car accident may involve a personal automobile, a commercial vehicle, SUV van, trailer, or other vehicle, and each of these circumstances needs to be considered carefully by qualified Bakersfield lawyers.
According to police reports, the most common places for car accidents in Bakersfield are the following:
- Highway 166 near Highway 99
- Verdugo Lane and Noriega Road
- Olive Dr. and Allen Road
Top Causes of Car Accidents in Bakersfield
Car accidents occur for many reasons.
But some of the most common causes are:
- Not giving the right of way
- Refusing to stop at red lights and stop signs
- Wet roads
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- In addition to being distracted by other passengers, drivers often distract themselves by talking on the cell phone or texting while driving (cell phone crashes)
Common Injuries From Car Accidents
Some injuries that result from car accidents are relatively mild and heal on their own in a few months.
Others may result in permanent damage and disability.
Some of the most common injuries are:
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car crash, Maryam Parman is here to help.
- Fractured bones
- Broken bones
- Injuries to the back, spine, and neck
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Bakersfield
You can bet that insurance companies have their attorneys to look after their backs.
It is our opinion that you also should have an expert car accident lawyer so that you also have someone to protect your legal rights.
Call Maryam Parman to schedule a free case review.
Remember, you pay absolutely nothing unless we win your case.
What is My Car Accident Claim Worth? Am I Entitled to Compensation?
Our firm strives to recover the full compensation our customers deserve for their car accident injuries, including all damages under California law for all injuries sustained, including:
- All of your past charges, future medical, hospital, physical therapy, psychological, and dental charges
- All past and future loss of income and also all the time lost on the job
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- All past and future pain, suffering, emotional distress
- All damages to property as for upgraded cars and other vehicles, rental costs and all property use losses
- And all appropriate damages allowed under California law
How Long Do I Have To Take Legal Action?
In California, the law establishes a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims.
Keep in mind that the statute of limitations begins from the date of the actual injury.
In some cases, especially in traffic accidents, it may take time to notice some damages received.
Common Types Of Car Accidents
Front-end collisions: Front-end collisions, or frontal impacts, can cause serious injuries and fatalities.
Rear-end collisions: Rear-end collisions are the most common type of traffic accident in Bakersfield. They occur when the back of one or more cars is struck. Rear-end collisions are often caused by the negligence of a driver who is distracted or simply not paying attention, and cannot brake in time.
T-Bone collisions: Side-impact traffic accidents are ones where the side of one or more vehicles is struck. These kinds of car collisions often occur at intersections, in parking lots, or when a vehicle changes lanes on a road with several lanes.
Car Accident Checklist – What To Do After An Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident in Bakersfield, here are some tips:
- Be safe- if someone needs medical attention, call 911.
- Exchange information- including names and all contact information for the driver and owner of each vehicle, all witnesses and passengers, and the driver’s license numbers.
- Be courteous and polite- but do not admit guilt or responsibility as, among other reasons, there may be other factors that happened that you still do not know.
- Use the camera (many cell phones include cameras) – to photograph the scene, all vehicles, and people involved. Prepare a detailed summary of what happened.
- Submit all necessary reports to the police, your insurance company, and the DMV. Some insurers require to have the reports immediately or they may deny coverage.
- Contact an experienced Bakersfield personal injury attorney