The State of California leads the list of the largest number of motorcycles registered in the country, and a large percentage of these are in Pasadena.
This is not particularly surprising considering the weather, the beautiful scenery, and how difficult it is to mobilize in the city.
Unfortunately, the more motorcycles there are, the more motorcycle accidents occur.
In California, motorcycle accidents peaked in 2008, then declined over the next two years, and climbed again afterwards.
The increase in motorcycle crashes was particularly high in Pasadena, which recorded a 20 percent increase in the number of motorcycle crashes since 2003.
Top Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Pasadena
- Loss of control
One of the most common accidents in a motorcycle is the loss of control on a curve.
- Collision at intersections
A motorcycle is a relatively small object that moves at high speed, making it hard for automobile drivers to see motorcyclists.
- Rear end collisions
How many of you have encountered a situation in which you are driving down the road and suddenly the vehicle in front you brakes (because it is going to turn, because it just found a parking lot, or because it has passed an intersection) and then you crash into it?
- Lane Splitting
One of the main advantages of a motorcycle riding in heavy traffic is that it can drive by “splitting lanes”.
The problem is that an open door is almost impossible to dodge, or a slight bump from a car and down goes the motorcycle.
And in these situations this type of accident is quite common.
Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
If a motorcyclist survives an accident, he or she will likely sustain serious injuries.
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal bleeding
- Road rash
- Dislocation or loss of limb
When a motorcyclist suffers a traumatic injury, the result could be a life full of pain and medical costs.
The motorcyclist could face months or even years of rehabilitation, and he or she may never be able to return to his or her professional career.
The reality is that, an injured motorcyclist may never return to his previous quality of life.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Pasadena
If you have had a motorcycle accident, you should immediately call a lawyer who is very experienced in motorcycle accidents.
Maryam Parman understands the laws surrounding motorcycle accidents.
How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
After a motorcycle accident in Pasadena, you might be entitled to receive the following compensation for your damages:
- Payment for medical expenses
- Payment of wages
- Payment for motorcycle repair
- Total motorcycle payment
- Payment for medical care for life in case of disability
For more information about your rights in the event of a motorcycle accident, contact us and we will help you fight for the compensation you and your loved ones deserve.
How Long Do I Have to Take Legal Action?
As in many other states, the California statute of limitations considers a two years lapse for personal injury cases, which means you have two years from the date of the accident to file a case for personal injury.
To make sure your rights and your future are protected, call a personal injury lawyer who understands motorcycle accidents extensively.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Here are some of the most common types of motorcycle accidents in Pasadena:
- Drivers who did not see the motorcyclist
- Defective equipment on the motorcycle
- Rear end collisions
- Road hazards
- Sudden lane changes
- Lane splitting
- Traffic signs improperly placed
- Sudden and/or unexpected U-turns
- Drivers who do not check their blind spots
- Weather conditions
Is a Lawyer Really Necessary?
Without consulting a personal injury lawyer, many motorcyclists injured in Pasadena remain totally unaware of their legal options for obtaining justice.
Sadly, motorcyclists who must deal with the effects of a motorcycle accident routinely accept low offers from insurance companies, rather than fighting for the compensation they really deserve.
Even if your injuries were minor, the services of a motorcycle accident lawyer can be invaluable.
Motorcycle Accident Checklist – What To Do After a Motorcycle Accident
- Call 911: If you or someone else has suffered serious injury, it is strongly recommended that you call 911 for urgent medical attention.
- Call the police: Having a police report on the record about the accident can be very helpful for your case. Always call the police, especially if there was a serious injury.
- Take names: While waiting for the police and paramedics, you can start collecting the contact information of all the parties involved in the accident as well as the witnesses.
- Take photos: If possible, you should take photographs of the accident scene, preferably before the cars or your motorcycle move from their original positions. These photos will help show how the accident happened and what caused it.
- Call a lawyer: The sooner you contact a motorcycle accident injury lawyer, the better. After quickly reviewing the facts, your lawyer can advise you about your legal status in the case.