Find the Right Auto Accident Attorney
Super Woman Super Lawyer Maryam Parman has over 30 years of experience and over $750 Million recovered for our clients. We know what it takes to get the result that you need.
Car accidents are more common than people might realize. But until you are in a car crash yourself, it is rare to think about the aftermath. After you are injured, your focus is on getting better. However, while you are dealing with recovery, the insurance companies are hard at work finding ways to minimize their payout to you.
In some cases, insurance representatives will approach accident victims with lowball settlement offers before the true extent of their injuries are known. Unfortunately, injured people who do not seek immediate legal representation can fall prey to the aggressive tactics of these insurance adjusters. This can lead someone to accept a compensation offer that will ultimately not cover all of his or her medical expenses and/or lost wages. Do not let this happen to you.
What To Do After A Serious Car Accident
By the time you are reading this, we hope you have already sought medical treatment for your injuries. It is also important to continue following the treatment plan of your doctors, or the insurance company may use your deviations as ammunition against you.
In addition, as soon as possible after your accident, we encourage you to contact our attorneys. We offer free consultations and can help you understand your legal rights and options for moving forward. Let attorney Maryam Parman deal with the insurance companies on your behalf, so you can focus on recovery.
We Handle All Types Of Auto Accident Claims
As a personal injury attorney with more than 15 years of legal experience, Maryam Parman has handled a wide range of car accident claims. She understands how to assess the unique circumstances in each case and creates strategies specifically suited for individual matters.
Cases we handle include:
Fatal car accidents
Car accidents caused by distracted drivers
Texting while driving accidents
Accidents caused by car defects
Accidents caused by damaged pavements
Car accidents caused by bad weather
Top Causes of Car Accidents
- Distractions at the wheel: When most people hear “distractions behind the wheel” they immediately think of using the mobile phone. Although this is the most common (and often most dangerous) type of distraction, it is not the only one. A driver is considered distracted when he is not focusing solely on the road and the cars around them. This includes operating the radio, talking to passengers in the back seats, or eating.
- Speeding: Exceeding the speed limit constitutes one-third of the total number of accidents every year. In California, the speed limit reaches 70 mph, which means that accidents can be more dangerous and fatal.
- Drunk driving: Unfortunately, driving a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs is very common in the most states, including California, Nevada and Arizona.
Common Injuries From Car Accidents
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
This is a serious injury that is most commonly seen with crashes involving a side impact.
TBI may result in temporary or long-term impairment of various brain functions, skull fractures, brain injury, and nerve damage.
Some of the symptoms of TBI include:
- Memory issues
This is an injury that affects the soft tissues of the neck.
It is most commonly seen with collisions from behind or rear end accidents.
Some of the symptoms associated with a whiplash injury include vision difficulties, limited neck and head movement, and pain.
There are still no specific treatments for whiplash, though there are some therapies that can help relieve the pain associated with the injury.
Back and Neck Injuries
There are cases when a car accident can lead to the fracture of discs in the spine or bulging neck.
In many cases, evidence of a disc injury may not be clear until several months have passed from the actual accident.
Looking for medical care after a car accident is essential to discover any problem that may not be apparent.
This includes internal injuries and bleeding, among other things.
The fact is that if an injury is not detected, it can cause long-term problems or even death.
There is no limit to the injuries that can occur in a car accident, which is why it is essential to seek immediate medical treatment.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney
If you injured yourself in an accident, you need experienced lawyers.
When you hire Maryam Parman our accident investigators and attorneys will help you prove the cause of the accident.
Before accepting the offer of an insurance company, talk to an attorney who knows what your case is worth.
Your consultation is always free, and Maryam Parman will never collect money from you unless we win the case.
You have nothing to lose; call us today and get the justice you deserve.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
Most injuries do not show symptoms for a few days, weeks, and even months after the crash, so it is very important to be seen by a doctor ASAP.
The medical bills we can recover for you may include:
- Physical therapy
- Cognitive therapy (in case of brain damage)
- Ambulance fees
- Medical consultations (each of them)
- Accessories such as crutches, special pillows, etc.
- Permanent disability
- Help needed at home
Other compensation may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Financial losses
If the injured person takes a long time before seeking medical treatment, or attempts to return to work too soon after the accident, the insurance company will try to use these facts as evidence to prove that the injuries were not serious.
Communicating with a lawyer as soon as possible will help you avoid some of these insurance company tactics.
Car Accident Checklist – Steps to Follow After an Accident
Below are 5 of the most important steps to follow in case you are involved in a car accident:
- Seek medical attention if needed
- Exchange information with the other driver
- If it is possible, it is important to talk with witnesses: write down their names, addresses, and phone numbers
- Report the incident to the police so you can later get a copy of police report
- Try to take pictures of the scene where the car accident happened. You can do it with your phone: photograph the scene, the damaged cars, the place, etc.